How to make Gulkand Seviyan Kheer
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
The Indian dessert that no one can resist, Kheer is a staple to celebrate every happy occasion. Vermicelli cooked with milk, gulkand and sugar to make this thick and delicious Kheer.
Ingredients of Gulkand Seviyan Kheer
- 2 tsp ghee
- 1 tbsp cashews (halved)
- 1 cup seviyan (vermicelli, thin)
- 3-4 cups low-fat milk
- 1 tbsp gulkand
- 1 tbsp saffron
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp rose essence
How to Make Gulkand Seviyan Kheer
- 1.Fry the cashews in a heavy-bottom pan in 1 tsp of ghee on medium-low heat. Keep them aside for garnishing.
- 2.In the same pan, add remaining ghee and vermicelli. Roast them stirring gently for 5 minutes on medium heat. If you are using roasted vermicelli then only cook them for a minute in the ghee.
- 3.Add milk, gulkand, half of the cashews, raisins and saffron and bring it to a gentle boil. Add sugar and cook on medium low heat for another 10-15 minutes.
- 4.If the kheer looks thick, add some more milk to it. Add rose essence, stir well and turn the heat off.
- 5.Serve hot, chilled or as desired.
Key Ingredients: ghee, cashews (halved), seviyan (vermicelli, thin), low-fat milk, gulkand, saffron, sugar, rose essence