How To Make Halbai
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Halbai Recipe: A sweet dish from Karnataka made with rice, coconut, jaggery and cardamom. It is also made like a savoury snack of you replace jaggery with mild spices, buttermilk and chillies.
Ingredients of Halbai
- 1 Cup rice
- 3 cup water
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup jaggery
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
How to Make Halbai
- 1.Soak rice in water for 30 minutes and transfer it into a blender.
- 2.Add water and desiccated coconut to the rice and grind them together.
- 3.Now add cardamom powder and salt. Grind again to a smooth paste.
- 4.Heat a large wok and add water to it. Add jaggery and stir well until it dossolves completely.
- 5.Now pour the rice-coconut mix to the pan, add ghee and cook till hal bai thickens.
- 6.Stir well to form no lumps and cook till the mixture is glossy and thick. Remove from fire and spread on an oil greased plate. Cool it and it's ready to eat.
Key Ingredients: rice, water, desiccated coconut, jaggery, salt, ghee, cardamom powder