Story ProgressBack to home
Keema Dum Recipe
Minced meat marinated and cooked in layers of flavors.
- Total Cook Time1 hr 10 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time1 hr
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Keema Dum
- 1/2 kg minced meat
- 2 cups onions-sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1/4 cup chopped raw papaya
- 1 Tbsp coriander seeds - roasted and powdered
- 6 cloves-roasted and powdered
- 6 green cardamom- roasted and powdered
- 1 tsp cumin seeds - roasted and powdered ]
- 1/2 tsp pieces of cinnamom - roasted and powdered
- Seeds of 1 black cardamom- roasted and powdered
- 1/2 tsp pieces of mace - roasted and powdered
- 1/8 tsp grated nutmeg
- 4 peppercorns - roasted and powdered
- 2 Tbsp mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 cloves powdered
- 2 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- For smoking:
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 piece of coal
- 1/2 tsp ghee
How to Make Keema DumHideShow Media
Heat 1/4 cup ghee. Fry the onions till brown and crisp; remove and grind to a paste with some water.
Mix the minced meat with the ginger and garlic paste and chopped papaya.
Add the roasted and powdered ingredients and the onion paste.
Marinate for at least 2 hrs. Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan with a tight fitting lid.
Add the minced meat, salt and chilli powder, mix well, cover and cook thoroughly over low heat.
Do not stir while cooking. The fat will separate when cooked.
Before serving, set alight a piece of charcoal.
Place it in a small bowl or in an aluminium foil shaped like a cup.
Place this in the centre of the cooked minced meat, pour the 1/2 tsp ghee and the powdered clove over it and cover immediately.
Leave thus for about 5 minutes, remove the coal and bowl/foil; serve minced garnished with powdered cloves and chopped coriander leaves.