How to make Kerala Vegetable Stew
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Kerala Vegetable Stew Recipe: A simple vegetable stew cooked with the goodness and flavor of coconut milk.
Ingredients of Kerala Vegetable Stew
- 4 Cups mixed vegetables (potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, French beans), chopped
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 tbsp oil
- 4 Whole green cardamoms
- 4 Whole cloves
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 2 Green chillies (slit)
- 2 tsp ginger, julienne
- 1 tsp black peppercorns (coarsely crushed)
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- Few curry leaves
- to taste salt
How to Make Kerala Vegetable Stew
- 1.Heat oil in a pan. Add cloves, cardamom and cinnamon. Saute for a few seconds.
- 2.Add green chillies, ginger and sliced onions. Sauté on medium heat for 2 minutes or till the onions are transparent and soft.
- 3.Add the curry leaves and all the vegetables, salt and water. Cover and cook on low heat for 15 minutes or till the vegetables are cooked.
- 4.Add coconut milk. Simmer on very low heat (so that the coconut milk does not curdle) for about 1 minute(s).
Key Ingredients: mixed vegetables (potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, French beans), onions, oil, Whole green cardamoms, Whole cloves, Cinnamon stick, Green chillies (slit), ginger, black peppercorns (coarsely crushed), coconut milk, water, Few curry leaves, salt