How to make Kundapura Koli Saaru
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
Chicken curried with tomatoes and a spicy coconut paste
Ingredients of Kundapura Koli Saaru
- For the Kundapura paste:
- 6-7 Cloves
- 1 tsp Pepper corn
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 4-5 Cinnamon sticks
- 2 tsp Coriander whole
- 4-5 Red chillies
- 1/2 Coconut, grated
- 1 Cup Water
- For the main preparation:
- 4 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 10-15 Curry leaves
- 4 Tbsp Onions, chopped
- 4 Tbsp Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 Kg Chicken (cut chicken)
- 6 Tbsp Kundapura paste
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Water
How to Make Kundapura Koli Saaru
- Prepare the paste:
- 1.Add cloves, pepper corn, cumin seeds, cinnamon, coriander whole, red chillies and grated coconut to a pan and dry roast them.
- 2.Put aside to cool. Now add water and grind together. Kundapura paste is ready
- Prepare the main dish:
- 1.Heat coconut oil in pan. Add cumin seeds, curry leaves chopped onions and chopped tomatoes.
- 2.Saute the onions till they turn light brown.
- 3.Now add chicken, kundapura paste, salt and water and mix it well.
- 4.Cover the pan and cook the preparation for 15 minutes.
- 5.Kundapura koli saaru is ready to eat. Serve hot with rice.
Key Ingredients: Cloves, Pepper corn, Cumin seeds, Cinnamon sticks, Coriander whole, Red chillies, Coconut, Water, Coconut oil, Cumin seeds, Curry leaves, Onions, Tomatoes, Chicken (cut chicken), Kundapura paste, Salt,