Mulagapodi Powder (Gun Powder) Recipe
Mulagapodi powder is an intense mix of red chillies, coconut and black gram, flavored with tamarind. It is a popular South Indian condiment.
- Total Cook Time 35 mins 10 seconds
- Prep Time 10 mins 10 seconds
- Cook Time 25 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Mulagapodi Powder (Gun Powder)
- 1/4 cup whole dried red chillies
- 2 Tbsp Bengal gram
- 3 Tbsp husked black gram
- 2 Tbsp desiccated coconut
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp tamarind-scraped (brown portion only)
How to Make Mulagapodi Powder (Gun Powder)HideShow Media
Dry roast the red chillies, Bengal gram, black gram and coconut separately till slightly coloured.
Add the salt and tamarind.
Powder this mix and store.