How To Make Murgh Rezala
Murgh Rezala Recipe : Murg Rezala is a chicken curry popular in Bengal. A dinner party piece of chicken in yoghurt, coconut, cream and cashew nut paste, finished with silver leaf. Goes best with roomali roti.
Ingredients of Murgh Rezala
- 1 Kg boneless chicken cubes
- 300 gms white onions
- 20 gram ginger
- 20 gram garlic
- 12 Green cardamoms
- 5 gram white pepper, powdered
- 20 gms coconut (Desiccated)
- 50 gms cashew nuts
- 250 gms curd
- 150 gms khoya
- 250 gms ghee
- 2 drops kewra jal
- 2 drops mitha ittr
- 2 Silver leaves
- to taste salt
How to Make Murgh Rezala
- 1.Wash and clean chicken pieces. Blanch in a pan of boiling water, remove the scum, drain and keep aside.
- 2.Extract the juice of ginger and garlic and keep aside.
- 3.Grind separately onions, cashew nuts and coconut to a fine paste.
- 4.In a heavy bottomed pan place the chicken, pour enough water to cover, add salt, green cardamoms and bring to boil, then simmer.
- 5.When the chicken is half cooked, add the ground onions and the ginger-garlic juice. Cook until dry.
- 6.Then add ghee and the beaten curd, fry till the meat is dry.
- 7.Add the nut paste and coconut and fry for 2 to 3 minutes, taking care that the masala does not brown.
- 8.Then add white pepper and 1 cup of water, or enough for a thick gravy. Simmer for a while.
- 9.Remove from fire add kewra jal, mitha ittr and mashed khoya. Blend well.
- 10.Finally add the cream.
- 11.Serve hot garnished with silver leaf.
Key Ingredients: boneless chicken cubes, white onions, ginger, garlic, Green cardamoms, white pepper, coconut (Desiccated), cashew nuts, curd, khoya, ghee, kewra jal, mitha ittr, Silver leaves, salt