About Namak Pare Recipe: Munch on these semolina snacks on a rainy day with a hot cup of tea.
Ingredients of Namak Pare
- 1 Cup refined flour
- 1 cup semolina
- 1/2 tsp thymol seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup clarified oil
- Cold water (to mix)
- Oil (for deep frying)
How to Make Namak Pare
- 1.Mix the thymol seeds, salt, semolina and flour together and rub the clarified butter in lightly so that the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- 2.Knead into a stiff dough with cold water.
- 3.Cover dough and set to rest in a cool place for at least 15 minutes.
- 4.Roll out the dough into a 1/4 or 1/8 cm in thick sheet.
- 5.Prick with a fork all over the surface.
- 6.Cut into narrow strips of desired size.
- 7.Heat the oil in a kadhai till a piece of dough dropped in, rises to the top at once.
- 8.Then, put in as many strips as will fit in comfortably.
- 9.Turn once, and lower heat to medium. Fry till light brown on both sides.
- 10.Lift out and place on absorbent paper.
- 11.Fry the rest similarly, increasing heat before adding a fresh lot.
- 12.Cool and store in an airtight container.
Key Ingredients: refined flour, semolina, thymol seeds, salt, clarified oil, Cold water (to mix), Oil (for deep frying)