How to make Parsi Sali Keema
A Parsi style lamb mince, served with sali or aloo lachchas (grated deep fried potatoes).
Ingredients of Parsi Sali Keema
- 400 Gram Lamb mince
- 10 gm turmeric
- 50 gm ginger garlic paste
- 50 ml oil
- 1 gm cardamom
- 1 gm cinnamon
- 1 gm cloves
- 5 gm cumin seeds
- 10 gm garlic
- 100 gm onions
- 100 gm tomatoes
- 5 gm green chillies
- 5 gm turmeric
- 5 chilli powder
- 20 gm coriander powder
- 5 gm garam masala powder
- 20 gm coriander leaves
- 75 gm apricot puree
- 20 gm mint leaves
- To garnish Potato straws (Aloo lachchas)
How to Make Parsi Sali Keema
- For the preparation:
- 1.Boil the lamb mince with turmeric, ginger garlic paste and salt.
- 2.Chop the onions, tomatoes, garlic, coriander leaves and mint.
- 3.Slit the green chillies lengthwise.
- For cooking:
- 1.Heat the oil and add the cardamom, cinnamon and the cloves.
- 2.Add the cumin seeds and when they crackle add garlic and saute until golden.
- 3.Add the onions and brown slightly, add the tomatoes and the rest of the ingredients.
- 4.Saute for 5 minutes on a slow flame and add the boiled lamb mince.
- 5.Cook for 10 minutes stirring constantly. Serve garnished with potato straws.
- To make potato straws (Aloo lachchas):
- 1.Cut the potatoes into match stick size and deep fry them.
Key Ingredients: Lamb mince, Potato straws (Aloo lachchas)