Story ProgressBack to home
Peri Peri Chicken Recipe
How to make Peri Peri Chicken
The peri peri sauce is traditionally made with a fiery pepper from Africa called 'pili'. Chicken breasts marinated in a home made version of this sauce and baked perfect.
- Total Cook Time 45 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 35 mins
- Recipe Servings3
Ingredients of Peri Peri Chicken
- 2 fresh hot chile peppers (jalapeno), chopped (we used canned jalapenos)
- 2 Tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 4-5 Tbsp olive oil or more to achieve desired consistency
- 2 cayenne pepper or red pepper (adjust quantity to taste), roasted and de seeded
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and de seeded
- 2 tsp garlic crushed
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano or to taste
- 1/2 kg chicken breast, cut in medium size
How to Make Peri Peri ChickenHideShow Media
Combine all ingredients (apart from the chicken) in a blender and process to a smooth paste. Taste and adjust with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and paprika.
Marinate chicken breast and refrigerate for at least 12 hours to allow flavors to develop.
Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes at 250 degrees and serve hot.