How to make Potato Corn Burgers
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Potato Corn Burgers Recipe | Burger Recipe: Patties made from potatoes, corn, leeks, celery, jalapenos, feta cheese are dipped in a creamy batter, coated with breadcrumbs and deep fried.
Ingredients of Potato Corn Burgers
- 4 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Leek
- 1/3 Cup Celery, chopped
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 1 Cup Corn kernels (frozen)
- Few sprigs Thyme
- Few Coriander leaves
- 2 Large Potatoes (peeled), roasted
- 5-6 Pieces Jalapenos (pickled)
- 1 tsp Garlic chives, chopped
- 75 Gram Feta cheese
- 1 Tbsp Corn flour
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Cup Bread crumbs
- 4-5 Tbsp Oil (for frying)
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Lettuce leaf
- Few Gherkins
- 3-4 Tomatoes
How to Make Potato Corn Burgers
- 1.Heat up 2 tbsp of olive oil in a hot pan; add the onions, leeks, celery and the corn and season with salt and thyme and sauté for 5 minutes
- 2.Peel the cooked potatoes, grate or mash the potatoes in a bowl.
- 3.Mix the potatoes with the corn, onion, leeks, celery.
- 4.Add the jalapenos, a large handful of coriander and crumble the feta cheese into the mixture.
- 5.Mix all the ingredients really well and season to taste.
- 6.Let the mixture rest in the fridge for a few minutes.
- 7.Mix some corn flour and milk to make a light batter.
- 8.Put the bread crumbs in a plate.
- 9.Shape the burger patties into with a cutter or mould.
- 10.Dip the patty in the batter and cover with breadcrumbs.
- 11.Heat up 2 tbsp oil in pan and shallow fry until nice and brown.
- 12.Slice up some tomatoes and put it in a lettuce leaf for the garnish along with some gherkins.
- 13.Heat the buns in the oven.
- 14.Put the lettuce, tomatoes and gherkins inside the bun along with the patty and serve with chips on the side.
Olive oil, Leek
, Corn kernels (frozen), Thyme
, Coriander leaves, Potatoes (peeled), Jalapenos (pickled), Garlic chives, Feta cheese, Corn flour, Milk
, Bread crumbs, Oil (for frying), Tomato
, Lettuce leaf, Gherkins