How to make Red Cabbage Casserole
Red Cabbage Casserole is a healthy, bright and easy dish to prepare. With a few simple ingredients like onion, red cabbage, apples, nuts and herbs you can prepare a dish that will set your meal table apart.
Ingredients of Red Cabbage Casserole
- 1 Medium Red cabbage(about 750 gm - 1 kg)
- 2 medium Onions
- 25 gram Butter
- 2 Apples
- 3 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Sugar, Salt and Pepper
- 2 tsp Almonds (blanched, shredded), roasted
- 1 tbsp Garden herbs, chopped
How to Make Red Cabbage Casserole
- 1.Cut the cabbage, remove stalk and shred finely.
- 2.Blanch cabbage for a minute, drain and refresh in cold water.
- 3.Slice onions and soften in butter over a gentle flame.
- 4.Peel, core & slice apples. Cook for 5 minutes.
- 5.Add cabbage. Stir in vinegar, sugar & seasoning.
- 6.Cover with butter paper and a lid. Bake at 170 degrees centigrade for 1 1/4 hours or till tender.
- 7.Re-season, allow it to rest for a day before serving.
- 8.Garnish with almonds & chopped herbs.
, Sugar, Salt and Pepper, Almonds (blanched, shredded), Garden herbs