How to make Roast Beef
About Roast Beef Recipe: Britain's traditional Sunday lunch dish, beef marinated in herbs and roasted in a salt crust, makes a special winter warmer
Ingredients of Roast Beef
- 3 pounds Beef roast
- 3 pounds salt
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
How to Make Roast Beef
- 1.Combine the oil, onion, garlic salt, basil, marjoram, thyme, and pepper and mix well.
- 2.Coat the roast well with marinade. Marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- 3.Preheat an oven to 175 degrees C.
- 4.Line a roasting pan with an aluminum foil.
- 5.Combine the salt and water to form a thick paste.
- 6.Pat a cup of paste to a 1/2-inch thick rectangle in pan.
- 7.Pat the roast dry with paper towels and insert a meat thermometer.
- 8.Place the roast on the salt layer and pack the remaining salt paste around the meat to seal well.
- 9.Bake for an hour or until thermometer registers 140 degrees.
- 10.Remove it from the oven and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- 11.Remove and discard salt crust. Serve with an accompaniment.
Key Ingredients: Beef roast, salt, minced onion, olive oil, dried marjoram, garlic salt, dried basil, water, dried thyme, ground black pepper