How to make Santre ki Kheer
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
The all-time favourite Indian dessert with a refreshing fruity twist! Rice cooked in milk, cardamom, sugar, flavored with oranges and some nuts.
Ingredients of Santre ki Kheer
- 5 Cups Milk, full cream
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 4-5 Green cardamoms
- 3 Large Oranges (break evenly), peeled
- 12-15 Almonds (shredded), blanched
- 2 Tbsp Pistachios (shredded vark leaves), blanched
How to Make Santre ki Kheer
- 1.Bring the milk to a boil in a wide, heavy-based pan; add the sugar and cardamom and simmer over low heat.
- 2.Stir often enough to avoid scorching.
- 3.Simmer till the mixture is thick.
- 4.Time taken will depend on the richness of milk and your vessel.
- 5.The wider the vessel, the faster the milk will thicken.
- 6.When thick and the colour darkens a little, shut off the heat.
- 7.Cool and add pieces of orange.
- 8.Mix well, chill and serve garnished with silver leaves, almonds and pistachios.
Key Ingredients: Milk
, Green cardamoms, Oranges (break evenly), Almonds (shredded), Pistachios (shredded vark leaves)