How to make Soya Uttappams
Recipe Servings: 3
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
Low in fat yet high on flavours! Here is an excellent uttapam recipe with an add on healthiness. Bite on the goodness of soy coupled with fresh veggies and terrific spices.
Ingredients of Soya Uttappams
- 1/2 cup soya flakes
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup sooji
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 1 tsp jeera (cumin) powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp urad daal
- 1/2 tsp channa daal
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 6 curry leaves
- Heeng (asafoetida)
- 1 Tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 cup water
How to Make Soya Uttappams
- 1.Heat a frying pan and add oil.
- 2.Make a tadka of urad daal, channa daal, mustard seeds, curry leaves & heeng.
- 3.Fry for about a minute, add soya flakes, stir well.
- 4.Add water & salt
- 5.Cook till the flakes are soft to touch, remove from stove.
- 6.Let it cool for 10 minutes.
- 7.Add rice flour, sooji, seasonings & buttermilk to the soya mixture, mix well
- 8.Add water if needed to make into thick consistency.
- 9.Keep covered for half an hour.
- 10.Heat a tawa and grease with a little oil.
- 11.Pour a ladle full of batter, sprinkle chopped vegetables, salt & chilli powder.
- 12.Pour some oil on all sides.
- 13.Cover and cook on medium flame till sides are loose and base gets golden brown.
- 14.Flip over and cook.
- 15.Serve with non-fat curd spiced with black salt, pepper and chopped coriander.
Key Ingredients: 1/2 cup soya flakes, 1 cup buttermilk, 1/2 cup rice flour, 1/2 cup sooji, 1 onion, chopped, 1 tomato, chopped, 1 capsicum, chopped, 1 tsp jeera (cumin) powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp black pepper powder, 2 Tbsp oil, 1/2 tsp urad daal, 1/2 tsp channa daal, 1/2 tsp mustard seeds, 6 curry leaves, Heeng (asafoetida), 1 Tbsp coriander leaves, chopped,