Story ProgressBack to home
Spiced Fish Wraps Recipe
How to make Spiced Fish Wraps
Chef Prateek shares the recipe of a simple and speedy meal. Fish fillets grilled and wrapped in whole grain tortillas.
- Total Cook Time 55 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 45 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Spiced Fish Wraps
- 2 tsp finely minced garlic
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 3 Tbsp chili powder, divided
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 2 pounds tilapia or snapper fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- Kosher salt
- 6 extra-large, whole-grain flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro (optional)
- 3 Tbsp minced, seeded serrano chiles (optional)
- 5 cups shredded Napa or savoy cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups prepared guacamole
- 1 cup crumbled cotija or queso fresco cheese
- 1 1/2 cups salted, roasted pepitas or pumpkin seeds
How to Make Spiced Fish WrapsHideShow Media
Combine garlic, cumin, 1 tablespoon chili powder, and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
Stir in lime juice and vinegar. Whisk in sour cream and mayonnaise.
Slowly drizzle in 1/4 cup olive oil, whisking constantly.
Stir in bell pepper, carrot, and red onion. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes.
Brush fish with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, and rub with remaining 2 tablespoons chili powder and kosher salt to taste.
Grill fish over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
While fish cooks, wrap tortillas in damp paper towels; microwave on high 1 minute or until pliable.
Using a slotted spoon, transfer bell pepper mixture from the dressing to a large bowl. Stir in cilantro and serrano chiles, if desired.
Add cabbage, and toss thoroughly, adding additional dressing if desired.
Spread tortillas evenly with guacamole, leaving a 3-inch border at the bottom.
Top evenly with fish, slaw, cheese, and pepitas. Fold the bottom edge up, and roll from one side to the other, encasing the filling.