How to make Sprouts Jalfrezi
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
You've heard about vegetable or chicken jalfrezi how about tweak it a bit and cook up a healthier version of this dish with moong sprouts.
Ingredients of Sprouts Jalfrezi
- 200 gm moong sprouts
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp finely shredded ginger
- 1/2 cup tomatoes-grated (optional)
- 1/2 Tbsp garam masala
- 2 Tbsp powdered coriander seeds
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 Tbsp chilli powder
- 1/2 Tbsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup yogurt-beaten smooth
- 1 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
How to Make Sprouts Jalfrezi
- 1.Heat the ghee and add the cumin.
- 2.Add ginger and garlic and saute till slightly fried then add the tomatoes and stir fry till the fat separates.
- 3.Add garam masala, dhania powder, salt, turmeric and chilli powder.
- 4.(You can toss a few veggies of your choice too)
- 5.Stir a few times, till well mixed, and then add the sprouts and turn around over high heat, till they look slightly fried.
- 6.Add a cup of water, and bring the mixture to a boil, and then simmer uncovered for about a minute.
- 7.Add the yogurt. Mix well.
- 8.Serve hot garnished with the chopped coriander leaves.
Key Ingredients: 200 gm moong sprouts, 2 Tbsp ghee, 1 Tbsp cumin seeds, 1 Tbsp finely chopped garlic, 1 Tbsp finely shredded ginger, 1/2 cup tomatoes-grated (optional), 1/2 Tbsp garam masala, 2 Tbsp powdered coriander seeds, 2 Tbsp salt, 1/2 Tbsp chilli powder, 1/2 Tbsp turmeric, 1/2 cup yogurt-beaten smooth, 1 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves