Thuppa Denji Recipe
For all the sea food lovers, here's an exotic yet easy dish of roasted crab meat coated with a flavorsome tomato-onion paste.
- Total Cook Time1 hr 05 mins
- Prep Time 20 mins
- Cook Time 45 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Thuppa Denji
- 1 crab (legs plucked and shell removed)
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 2 Tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 Tbsp onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 Tbsp tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
How to Make Thuppa DenjiHideShow Media
Clean the crab and wash it thoroughly.
Now boil the crab in water with a pinch of salt and turmeric powder.
Once the crab is cooked, add 1 Tbsp ghee in a pan and roast the crab till done. This should take about 7-8 minutes. Take it out of the pan and set it aside.
In the same pan add another Tbsp of ghee, onions, garlic paste, ginger paste, garam masala and chilly powder. Mix well.
Now add the roasted crab into the pan. Add some salt.
Coat it well and serve.