How To Make Tomato and Roti Soup
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
We always end up confused when it comes to left over meals. This recipe gives a boring bowl of dal a healthy and fun twist. Roti like you have never had before.
Ingredients of Tomato and Roti Soup
- 2 Medium tomatoes,, finely chopped
- 3 Leftover rotis
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- to taste salt
- to taste black pepper corns (crushed)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup leftover dal
- Fresh cream (for drizzling)
How to Make Tomato and Roti Soup
- 1.Cut leftover rotis into small pieces.
- 2.Heat 2 tbsps olive oil in another non-stick pan, add roti pieces and sauté on low heat till golden and crisp.
- 3.Add 2 cups water to the tomatoes and mix.
- 4.Add leftover dal to the tomato mixture and mix well. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- 5.Strain the tomato-dal mixture into a bowl, place the pan back on heat and pour the strained liquid into it. Grind the tomato-dal residue into smooth puree with ½ cup water.
- 6.Strain the ground mixture into the pan. Remove the froth and discard.
- 7.Transfer the soup into a soup plate, top with fried roti pieces, drizzle fresh cream and serve piping hot.
Key Ingredients: tomatoes,, Leftover rotis, oil, garlic, salt, black pepper corns (crushed), olive oil, leftover dal, Fresh cream (for drizzling)