how to make Undhia
Yam, potatoes, brinjals, bananas, you have got to try this!
Ingredients of Undhia
- 300 Gram yam-cut into cubes
- 4 Cups papdi
- 250 gm sweet potatoes-thickly sliced
- 7-8 brinjals-small, whole
- 2 (cut into thick slices) bananas-raw and cut into thick slices
- 1 Cup green peas
- 2 Large potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 Cup coriander, chopped
- 8-10 muthias
- 3/4 Cups coconut-grated
- 1 Tbsp ginger, chopped
- 3-4 green chillies
- 1/2 Cup oil
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds
- 3 Tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 Tbsp salt
How to Make Undhia
- 1.Grind together the coconut, ginger and green chillies.
- 2.Remove stalks from brinjals and make 2 incisions, lengthwise but stopping just before it splits, in order to hold pieces together.
- 3.Fill in the ground ingredients without over stuffing.
- 4.Heat the oil, add cumin seeds and when it splutters, add remaining ground ingredients.
- 5.Mix in the coriander, chilli powder, turmeric and salt.
- 6.Stir-fry until the oil separates, add yam, papdi, brinjals, sweet potatoes, bananas, peas, potatoes and coriander leaves.
- 7.Stir around occasionally over high flame, then reduce flame and let it cook until all the vegetables become tender.
- 8.Add the muthias and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 9.Remove from flame and serve.
Key Ingredients: yam-cut into cubes, papdi, gm sweet potatoes-thickly sliced, brinjals-small, whole, bananas-raw and cut into thick slices, green peas, potatoes, coriander, muthias, coconut-grated, ginger, green chillies, oil, cumin seeds, coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt