How to make Wonton Soup
Soft dough filled with your choice of filling and served in freshly made soup.
Ingredients of Wonton Soup
- For the Dough:
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- To mix Cold water
- For the Filling:
- 200 Gram Meat/Chicken/Cabbage(shredded)
- 2 Pieces Garlic
- 1/4 cm Ginger
- 1 Spring onion/Onion
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper, powdered
- For the Soup:
- 6 Cups Clear stock
- 3 Lettuce leaves, sliced
- 1 Small Carrot, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Celery, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Ajino moto (optional)
- 2 tsp Salt
How to Make Wonton Soup
- 1.Knead the wonton dough with the ingredients and leave to rest.
- 2.Trim the fat and bone off the meat and place it on a chopping board with the spring onions, ginger and garlic and mince with a sharp knife till a well-blended mass of mince is formed. Shape this mixture into marble-sized balls and keep aside.
- 3.Put the stock onto boil and then simmer.
- 4.Roll the dough till translucent and cut into 5 cm squares.
- 5.Fill the wontons.
- 6.Place the ball of meat in one corner of the square piece of dough.
- 7.Start rolling the meat in the cover till it reaches the center.
- 8.Now pinch the two rolled sides thus formed, thereby sealing off the meat completely in the cover.
- 9.In order to make the wontons vegetarian fill them with shredded cabbage.
- 10.Keep throwing the wontons into the simmering stock as you fill them they are all done.
- 11.Simmer till the wontons are cooked. They wrinkle up a little and the filling becomes firm. This generally takes about 15 minutes.
- 12.Add the rest of the soup ingredients, except the lettuce.
- 13.To serve, divide the lettuce into the bowls and pour the hot soup over.
Key Ingredients: Flour, Egg, Oil, Cold water, For the Filling:, Meat/Chicken/Cabbage(shredded), Garlic, Ginger, Spring onion/Onion, Black pepper, Clear stock, Lettuce leaves, Carrot, Celery, Ajino moto (optional), Salt