Recipe of Aloo Badi Rasedaar
Recipe Servings: 2
Potato, peas and nuggets float happy in this gravy recipe.
- 250 gm potatoes-boiled in their jackets and peeled
- 1 cup badis - or more if small
- 1 cup shelled peas
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1/2 cup grated tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 cup yoghurt-beaten smooth
- 2 1/2 cups water-approx.
- 1 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
How to Make Aloo Badi Rasedaar
- Break the potatoes in the palm of your hand and set aside.
- Heat the ghee and add the nuggets in very quickly. Stir till they get slightly darker. Remove from ghee.
- In the same ghee, add cumin seeds and ginger.
- Saute till the ginger turns a light brown, then add the tomatoes.
- Stir-fry till the fat separates. Add the potatoes and the peas. Cook over high heat till lightly fried.
- Add salt, turmeric, and the nuggets.
- Add enough water to cover the mixture and bring to a boil. Simmer till the peas are cooked and the nuggets are soft, but retain their shape.
- If nuggets take very long to cook, it is advisable to cook them in some water after frying them.
- Then add nuggets with water to potato mixture. Mix in the yoghurt and mix.
- Serve garnished with coriander leaves.