Besan Ki Barfi
Recipe Servings: 10
Make this favorite sweet at home with three simple ingredients gram flour (besan), ghee and sugar syrup.
- 2 cups (240 gm) besan
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1 cup (240 gm) ghee
- Blanched and sliced almonds to decorate
- Fry the besan in ghee on low flame for about 30 minutes till it gets brown and the ghee get separated.
- Dissolve the sugar into the water over low heat.
- When it dissolves, bring it to a boil and cook till thick enough.
- Take some between your fingers and pull apart, 2 threads should form.
- Add this syrup to the besan and mix well.
- Pour this mixture into a greased tray.
- When it cools cut into small cubes and garnish it with almonds.