Chicken Feta Cheese Burgers With Potato Salad Recipe
Recipe Servings: 4
Succulent mince chicken burgers, grilled to perfection. Served with mustard, lettuce, cheese and a potato salad.
Ingredients of Chicken Feta Cheese Burgers With Potato Salad
- 4 multigrain burger buns
- 1/2 kilo of chicken mince
- 50 gms of feta cheese
- A bunch of basil leaves
- Dried oregano
- Fresh bread crumbs
- Fresh pepper
- Mustard paste
- Cheese slice (optional)
For Potato Salad:
- A kilo of boiled potatoes, deskinned, cut into chunks
- 2 cups hung yoghurt
3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- Red and yellow pepper, half of each, grated finely
- A few dashes of Tobasco
How to Make Chicken Feta Cheese Burgers With Potato Salad
- Take chicken mince in a bowl, add the crumbled feta cheese, salt, pepper and dried oregano.
- Then take the bunch of basil leaves and smash them into a paste. Add it to the chicken mixture. Now make patties from this mixture, and roll them in fresh breadcrumbs till they are fully coated.
- Put these on a baking tray covered with foil, and let them cook for around 25 minutes at 190 degrees.
- Then take the buns, slice them into two and lightly brown them.
- Slather some mustard on the base, place a lettuce leaf, then the patty, and a cheese slice, and cover it with the other half of the bun. Put in a toothpick to keep it all in place.
- Tip: Instead of buying packets, make fresh bread crumbs from stale bread.
For Potato Salad:
- After the potatoes are boiled, let them cool down.
- Make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients. Mix the dressing and potatoes, chill it and then serve.
- Tip: Don't add the yoghurt to hot potatoes. Allow them to cool down.
Key Ingredients: chicken
, feta cheese
, mustard seeds
, bell pepper
, hung curd
, black pepper