Recipe of Coconut Burfi
Recipe Servings: 6
A popular Indian sweet made with coconut. This traditional sweet is mostly prepared during the festival of lights,Diwali.
- 4 cups of coconut, desiccated
- 4 cups of sugar syrup
- 2 Tbsp khoya
- 1 Tbsp almonds, blanched and shredded
- 1 Tbsp pistachio, blanched and shredded
- 1 tsp ghee
How to Make Coconut Burfi
- For the sugar syrup -
- Add sugar and water in the same proportions in a pan.
- Start heating the mixture and keep stirring continuously else the sugar will stick to the bottom and caramelize.
- When all the sugar dissolves and it becomes nice and thick, put off the flame.
For the coconut burfi -
- In a thick bottomed kadai, mix the coconut and the sugar syrup.
- Roast it until it thickens up and acquires a halwa-like consistency.
- Add the pistachio and almonds.
- Brush on the ghee in a tray and spread the coconut batter on it. Smoothen out the edges of the batter and cut into burfi shapes when it cools down. Serve.