Recipe Servings: 4
A sweet and unconventional pulao, loaded with the goodness of dry fruits, rich cream and few spices.
- 2 cups basmati rice - washed and soaked
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 cloves
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 3 cardamom
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup fresh cream-beaten
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 1/2 cup dried fruits (cahew nuts, almonds, raisins)
- 2-3 edible rose petals
- Mix milk, cream, sugar, salt.
- Drain rice, keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a heavy pan and add cumin seeds, cinnamon, bay leaf, cardamoms, cloves.
- When they splutter add rice and fry in ghee for 2 minutes.
- Add milk mixture and 1/2 cup water.
- Bring to a boil,cover, lower the heat and simmer till cooked.
- Mix in dried fruit very gently.
- Serve hot, garnished with rose petals.
Key Ingredients: basmati rice
, green cardamom
, dried fruits, cumin seeds
, bay leaf
, clarified butter
, cashew nuts