Recipe of Mutton Rada
Recipe Servings: 5
Aditya Bal visits Sanasar, Jammu & Kashmir and learns how to make a fragrant mutton rada.
- 1/2 cup mustard oil
- 4 medium sized onions, sliced
- 4 Tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 kg mutton, cut into medium sized pieces
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala
How to Make Mutton Rada
- In a wok add mustard oil. Once its hot, add the sliced onions. Saute till brown. Add the ginger-garlic paste.
- Add the tomatoes and saute till well cooked and the oil leaves from the side. Add the mutton. Saute it for 5 minutes.
- Now add salt, turmeric and red chilli powder. Mix well and cook for 30-45 minutes. Keep stirring at intervals. Add a little water if it starts to burn.
- Add the garam masala and cook for a few more minutes or till the mutton is well cooked.