Recipe of Pound Cake
Pound cake of British origin is traditionally made with a pound of each of it's main ingredients: flour, eggs, sugar and butter.
- Oven Temp: 160C-300F
- 2 cups maida
- 1 cup butter (240 gm)
- 1 cup sugar (240 gm)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp salt
- A baking tin 8" square, greased and floured or lined with butter paper
How to Make Pound Cake
- mix butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs. Beat well together.
- Mix salt and baking powder with the maida (flour) and add to the butter mixture.
- Beat well together and transfer to prepared tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes