Recipe Servings: 12
The all time favorite tea time snack, only this time it is made with singhare ka atta (water chestnut flour). So now you can feast on these while fasting.
- The dough:
- 1 cup (120 gm) singhare ka atta (water chestnut flour)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot
- 1/4 cup (60 gm) ghee
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp sendha namak (white rock salt)
- Ghee for deep-frying
- For the filling:
1 cup (125 gm) chironji (charoli), soaked in water for about 2 hours
- 3/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp zeera (cumin seeds)
- 2 tsp dhania (coriander powder)
- 2 tsp sendha namak (white rock salt )
- 1/2 tsp elaichi (cardamom) powder
- 2 Tbsp (30 gm) ghee
How to Make Singhare ke Atte ka Samosa
- For the samosa filling:
- Remove the husk of the chironji and grind coarsely.
- Heat the 2 tbsp ghee, in a pan and add the zeera. When it splutters, add chironji and rest of the filling ingredients.
- Saute over low heat till mixture is well fried. Leave to cool.
For the samosa dough:
- Place the water, ghee and 1 tsp salt in a pan and bring to a boil.
- As soon as it comes to a boil, put in the atta and arrowroot and mix well, over low heat, till it collects together in the center.
- Take the dough off the heat and leave to cool.
- Roll dough (using dry flour or arrowroot if it sticks) into 1/8" thick rounds, 3" diameter, and cut into halves.
- Take one half, wet the edges. Fold the straight edge at the center and join overlapping the other edge to form into a cone.
- Press the overlapping portion, and fill the cone with the filling, and press the edges together to seal the `Samosa'. Repeat, with the rest of the pieces.
- Heat the ghee and over high heat, add as many samosas as come in without touching.
- Lower the heat to medium and fry to a golden brown on either side.
Key Ingredients: clarified butter
, green cardamom
, coriander powder
, red chilli
, vegetable oil
, water chestnut flour
, rock salt
, cumin seeds
, coriander podwer, cardamom