Recipe Servings: 12
The all time favorite tea time snack, only this time it is made with singhare ka atta (water chestnut flour). So now you can feast on these while fasting.
Ingredients of Singhare ke Atte ka Samosa
- The dough:
- 1 cup (120 gm) singhare ka atta (water chestnut flour)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot
- 1/4 cup (60 gm) ghee
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp sendha namak (white rock salt)
- Ghee for deep-frying
- For the filling:
1 cup (125 gm) chironji (charoli), soaked in water for about 2 hours
- 3/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp zeera (cumin seeds)
- 2 tsp dhania (coriander powder)
- 2 tsp sendha namak (white rock salt )
- 1/2 tsp elaichi (cardamom) powder
- 2 Tbsp (30 gm) ghee
How to Make Singhare ke Atte ka Samosa
- For the samosa filling:
- Remove the husk of the chironji and grind coarsely.
- Heat the 2 tbsp ghee, in a pan and add the zeera. When it splutters, add chironji and rest of the filling ingredients.
- Saute over low heat till mixture is well fried. Leave to cool.
For the samosa dough:
- Place the water, ghee and 1 tsp salt in a pan and bring to a boil.
- As soon as it comes to a boil, put in the atta and arrowroot and mix well, over low heat, till it collects together in the center.
- Take the dough off the heat and leave to cool.
- Roll dough (using dry flour or arrowroot if it sticks) into 1/8" thick rounds, 3" diameter, and cut into halves.
- Take one half, wet the edges. Fold the straight edge at the center and join overlapping the other edge to form into a cone.
- Press the overlapping portion, and fill the cone with the filling, and press the edges together to seal the `Samosa'. Repeat, with the rest of the pieces.
- Heat the ghee and over high heat, add as many samosas as come in without touching.
- Lower the heat to medium and fry to a golden brown on either side.
Key Ingredients: clarified butter
, green cardamom
, coriander powder
, red chilli
, vegetable oil
, water chestnut flour
, rock salt
, cumin seeds
, coriander podwer, cardamom