Warm Spinach Salad
Recipe Servings: 4
Seasoned spinach and mushrooms served on slices of toasted bread or croutes.
- 250 gm sliced mushrooms
- 2 tsp garlic paste or 3-4 cloves
- 4 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 kg shredded spinach leaves
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Finish with 2 Tbsp grated cheese
- 8 Croutes or slices of toasted bread
- Saute mushrooms in hot oil for 1 minute. Remove from pan.
- If using garlic cloves then, add garlic to the pan and cook golden.
- Heat the oil and fry spinach leaves for 1 minute.
- Stir in the mushrooms, garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce, sugar and sesame seeds.
- Heat through until just warm.
- Season and serve on croutes. Garnish with cheese.