Tomato is known to have compounds that help brighten your skin and also reduce tan. Moreover, tomato juice gives a healthy and visible glow to your face and helps tighten pores. Other than this, coconut milk nourishes and hydrates your skin. It helps lighten dark spots and removes excessive oil from your face. Method:
- Take a bowl, add 1 tbsp of tomato juice and 1 tbsp of coconut milk and mix it well.
- Wash your face with cold water and apply the mix on your face and neck.
- Massage for a few minutes and let it air dry. Wash it off with cold water.
For Acne ControlAcne and pimple breakouts are very common skin problems during summer season. And it is due to dust, heat, oil and dirt that stick to the skin, pimples are more likely to breakout. Therefore, it is very important to keep your skin clean and hydrated in summer season. Lemon juice when combined with cinnamon gives you a concoction that will help control acne and pimples. (Also Read: 7 Foods That Can Cause Acne)
The acid in lemon juice is a mild astringent that will remove excess oil and redness from your skin. Moreover, its antiseptic properties help in reducing bacteria. On the other hand, cinnamon's anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties help prevent bacterial infection.Method:
- Take a bowl and add 2 tsp of lemon juice and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- Wash your face before you apply the mask.
- Apply the mask on your face and neck and leave it for 5 minutes. Was it off with cold water. Use daily for better results.
For Oil ReductionIf you have an oily skin type, this face mask is apt for you. Excessive release of sebum can lead to black heads, large pore openings and even white heads. Dealing with oily skin can be quite tiresome. But, don't worry as this summer face mask will solve your oily skin problems. This face mask is made out of turmeric powder and aloe vera gel. (Also Read: 15 Foods You Must Eat to Avoid Oily Skin)
Rich in antioxidants, turmeric helps remove dead skin, adds a healthy glow, and treats acne and wrinkles naturally. Honey helps cleanse pores, removes excess oil and prevents white heads and acne.Method:
- Take 1 tsp of turmeric powder and add 2 tsp of honey.
- Apply this on your face and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water. Use twice or thrice a week for better results.
For Youthful SkinWho doesn't want to have younger looking skin? There are a plethora of beauty products in the market that claim to give you the much-needed freshness on your skin, but do they really work? This home-made face mask could prove to be beneficial. (Also Read: 8 Ayurveda Herbs To Slow Down Ageing)
Papaya gently exfoliates and protects our skin from early signs of ageing like wrinkles and fine lines. Lemon juice lightens our skin and makes it clearer and brighter.Method:
- Take half cup of the papaya pulp and add 2 tbsp lemon juice to it.
- Apply this mixture evenly on your face and neck.
- Let is stay there for 30 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
We hope these easy-to-make 2-ingredient face masks help solve your skin woes. Look beautiful!
About Shubham BhatnagarYou can often find Shubham at a small authentic Chinese or Italian restaurant sampling exotic foods and sipping a glass of wine, but he will wolf down a plate of piping hot samosas with equal gusto. However, his love for homemade food trumps all.