Yogurt Recipes: With summer season coming over to its peak, you'll definitely be looking out for cool and light eating options to beat the heat. While there are endless options to beat the heat and help keep your body hydrated and cool, a bowl of fresh and creamy yogurt can be a wonderful addition to your diet. This dairy product is simple, versatile and comes with numerous health benefits. Believed to be of Turkish origin, yogurt is a meal in itself that makes it convenient for us to pair it with our other meals every day. And if you don't already include it in your daily diet, the many benefits would surely make you do it. Being a dairy product, yogurt is loaded with essential nutrients like vitamin B-2, calcium, magnesium potassium and majorly vitamin D and protein. Despite being a dairy product, it is light on the stomach and easier to digest than milk.
Let's unravel some of the most amazing benefits of including yogurt in your daily diet before we tell you the delectable yogurt recipes to try:
1. Strengthens Immunity: Yogurt has certain live active cultures which have the ability to fight against gut-related issues.
2. Helps in Digestion: Being an excellent source of probiotics (good bacteria), yogurt is known to improve the gut activity and can provide relief from an inflamed digestive system and stomach.
3. Good for Bones: According to the United States Department of Agriculture, one cup of yogurt of about 250 grams contains about 275 mg of calcium. Intake of such amount of calcium on a daily basis not only helps maintain bone density but also strengthens them.
4. Promotes Healthy Skin: Yogurt acts like a natural moisturiser that can help heal dry skin naturally. Many of us suffer from dull skin and acne due to certain gastrointestinal problems especially during the hot summer season. Yogurt helps in keeping the gut healthy and active, which further leads to healthy skin besides being an excellent beauty ingredient for face packs.
Now that you know how yogurt can be an essential element in your diet, try our best yogurt recipes at home:
Here are 7 Best Yogurt Recipes:
1. Yogurt Parfait
A healthy, delectable yogurt-based recipe that can re-energise your body. With no added-sugar and packed with the goodness of fresh fruits like watermelon, pineapple, oranges, apples, kiwis, pomegranate and goji berries along with pine nuts and cereals, this is a nutrient-dense dish to prepare and pack as a mid-day meal or post-lunch snack.
2. Curd Rice
One of the simplest and easiest dishes to prepare, curd rice can be prepared at home as a whole meal in itself on a tiring weekday when you don't wish to prepare an elaborate meal. It is light on the stomach yet filling enough for a meal. Just a few ingredients and goodness of milk, carrots, urad and chana dal with a spicy tadka makes for this delicious yogurt recipe.
3. Dahi Bhalla
Can we mention dahi and not talk about dahi bhalla? If you are a fan of North Indian cuisine, you just can't miss a chance to gorge on this mouth-watering street food. With khatti-meethi flavoursome chutneys, made with a host of spices poured over chilled curd, tantalise your taste buds with this easy dahi bhalla recipe.
4. Oatmeal, Yogurt and Fruit Breakfast Medley
As the name suggests, this yogurt recipe is perfect for breakfast! There is goodness of fibre-rich oats along with nuts, raisins and your choice of fruits. It's a layered mix of sweet and citrusy fruits in a delicious mix of yogurt that would energise as well as fill you up for the entire day.
(Also Read: Oatmeal Diet For Weight Loss: All You Need To Know About This 7-Day Diet)
5. Yogurt Crunch Pudding
This can be your go-to Sunday brunch recipe! Crunchy breadcrumbs, ground cane sugar and cinnamon base topped with a luscious mix of hung yogurt, honey, rose water, strawberries, grapes along with pistachios and pomegranates. A crunchy, nutty delicious pudding to prepare that is sure to be relished by kids and adults alike.
6. Mango Yogurt Parfait
This sweet summer dessert is healthy, colourful, and super easy to make.
7. Yogurt, Amaranth And Chia Seeds Parfait
A yoghurt is known to contain loads of nutrients and is also diabetes-friendly. By adding fruits, chia seeds and amaranth, you can give an amazing twist to your daily yoghurt and enjoy it in the best possible way.
Besides all this you can whisk raitas, smoothies and even cakes out of yogurt, but let's begin with these 5 of our best yogurt recipes and let us know which one you liked the best in the comments section below.