1. Garlic: Love it or hate it, but you can't ignore it. Garlic helps in burning body fat faster. A lot of people suggest that you should consume two to three cloves of garlic every morning on an empty stomach along with a glass of warm lemon water to improve your blood circulation and boost the process of weight loss.(Also read: How to Make Garlic Oil for Home Remedies)
2. Dandelion: The roots and leaves of dandelion are dried and used to make dandelion tea, and can benefit your health in many ways. Dandelion tea is diuretic and helps to flush out extra water from the body. This helps in reducing water weight and eases bloating.
3. Ginseng: Macrobiotic Nutritionist Shilpa Arora suggests that ginseng can help in improving your energy levels and boosting your metabolic rate which supports weight loss. The ginseng root can be used fresh or dried. You can simply chew it or stew it in hot water to make a tea or soup.
4. Gurmar: Shilpa also suggests the use of the Gurmar herb, an Ayurvedic wonder which helps in suppressing your appetite. The fresh leaves can be chewed and are known to slow down the absorption of sugar into the blood stream and also the conversion of sugar into fat. Therefore, it also helps in reducing sugar cravings.
The strong aroma of this popular culinary herb is known to control appetite. Photo Credit: Istock
6. Oregano: Turns out that oregano may be more useful than just adding flavour to your pizza slice. Fresh oregano herb contains an active component called carvacrol that is known to dissolve fat. It also aids digestion and reduces bloating. You must add it towards the end of the cooking process to retain its essential oils.
7. Coriander: Drinking coriander juice is known to help with weight loss. It helps in boosting your metabolism and thereby, burning more calories which plays a crucial role in weight loss. Add some lime juice to your drink to make it tastier and more effective. It is best to have it on an empty stomach every morning to flush out the toxins, purify your blood and aid digestion.