1. Lemon Water: Lemon water or a glass of good old nimbu paani is probably one of the most hydrating drinks. Nutritionist Dr. Rupali Datta suggests that you must have lemon water daily made with the juice of two lemons and a pinch of rock salt. This keeps you hydrated and is also the best way to get your daily dose of Vitamin C.
(Also read: Benefits of Drinking Honey-Lemon-Water)Lemon water or a glass of good old nimbu paani is one of the most hydrating drinks
2. Milk: You may have not known this but milk is actually better for rehydration and also for countering dehydration than water. It contains a natural blend of good quality carbs, proteins and sodium that helps your body retain fluids. You can experiment with various milkshakes and smoothies or even opt for buttermilk or lassi made with yogurt.
Milk contains a natural blend of good quality carbs, proteins and sodium. 3. Coconut Water: You may already know this. Coconut water is, undoubtedly, the best hydrating drink. It is low in calories and rich in potassium and is known to have better hydrating qualities than plain water. It is also energizing in nature which makes it a healthier substitute for packaged sports or energy drinks.
(Also read: What is the Best Time to Drink Coconut Water?)Coconut water is, undoubtedly, the best hydrating drink
4. Cucumber juice: Cucumbers are known to contain 90% water and are one of the most hydrating vegetables. Vegetable juices are better for hydration than fruit juices because the natural sugars present in fruits may inhibit hydration. Moreover, fruit juices tend to have a concentrated form of sugar. However, if you're fond of fruit juices, orange juice can be a good option as it contains lots of electrolytes. Even beetroot juice is great for hydration and also acts like a natural blood purifier.
Vegetable juices are better for hydration than fruit juice. Photo Credit: istock
5. Herbal teas: Herbal teas such as hibiscus tea, rose tea or chamomile tea are great hydrating drinks for winters. They are natural and caffeine-free, so you don't have to worry. They not only help in keeping you hydrated by also calm your tired nerves and relax your mind.
Herbal teas such are natural and caffeine-free. Photo Credit: istock
6. Aloe water or aloe vera juice: Aloe vera has recently adopted a superfood status and rightly so. It is packed with antioxidants and has some powerful regenerative properties. It helps in detoxifying your gut and offers many beauty benefits too such as radiant and glowing skin. You can dunk some chunks of freshly scooped aloe vera in your water to make a hydrating drink or drink up the freshly squeezed juice.
Aloe vera has recently adopted a superfood status. Photo Credit: Istock.
7. Fruit Infused Water: Fruit juices may not be the best hydrating drinks but a glass of fruit-infused water is. Adding fruits in water helps in diluting the sugar content and increasing its hydrating powers. Bung in seasonal fruits and berries a jar of water and enjoy through the day.
Adding fruits in water helps in diluting the sugar content. Photo Credit: Istock
8. Chia water: The best way to have chia seeds is to soak them in water and drink up. Chia seeds can absorb up to 10 times their weight in water and they swell within minutes which makes for a lovely hydrating drink and a natural energy drink. Sabja seeds or basil seeds act in a similar way and can be used to make a hydrating drink as well that is known to cool your body and is great to beat the summer heat. You can even add chia seeds or sabja seeds to milk or coconut milk and make a hydrating drink along with some honey.
The best way to have chia seeds is to soak them in water. Photo Credit: Istock
With so many options to choose from, you cannot complain or ignore the hydration your body needs. Pick your favourites and get hydrated.
It is important to keep yourself hydrated not just to quench your thirst but to make sure you're energized and active through the day. It is also important to note that keeping yourself hydrated during winters is as crucial as it is in summers. The good part is that there are many delicious and healthy beverages that serve as excellent alternatives to a plain glass of water while fulfilling your hydration needs just as well. These hydrating drinks supply a whole lot of electrolytes, sodium, vitamin, probiotics and minerals along with a burst of flavours. Have a look.