Follow this simple plan to stay on top
Do Not Skip Breakfast: Our brain uses almost 20% of the energy that we need on a daily basis. Hence, it needs a constant supply of glucose through the day. Eating a good breakfast ensures you stay energized through the day and your vitamins and mineral score gets off to a good start.
Quick Healthy Meals- Tasty bhi Interesting bhi
- Oats, milk with dry fruits, nuts and a fruit
- Badam milk with poha which has vegetables and peanuts
- Whole grain toast with egg and milk
- Cheese or paneer sandwich with tomato + milk
- Palka besan cheela with green chutney and thick lassi
- Ragi idli with sambar and coconut chutney
- Mixed veg pulao/chana dal pulao/biryani with raita
- Paneer or fresh chicken rolls made with homemade roti and vegetables accompanied with a big bowl of curd.
- Grilled multigrain bread topped with yellow and red peppers and lots of cheese, accompanied with a glass of fresh kanji
- Homemade chicken or paneer cutlets with a bowl of fresh fruit and vegetable salad.
- A bowl of vegetable soup, peanut butter sandwich and yoghurt.
Scholarly Snacking: Another important factor that keeps you going is snacks. Eating cakes, cookies, chocolates and sweets may give you a rush of energy but actually leave you flat afterwards. Choose whole fruits, popcorn, steamed corn, yoghurt as snacks. 28 gms or an ounce of nuts and dried fruits, 30gms of the good old bhuna chana, and of course, 30 gms of roasted peanuts will keep the energy levels up and also provide your body and brain with essential nutrients.Hydration Goals: Drink, drink ,drink! Dehydration is known to cause lethargy and makes you feel tired. Keep a bottle of water at your table and carry it into the exam hall if allowed. Other good fluids that you can consume arechaas, fresh nimbu pani, coconut water,kanji etc. Other than this, excessive intake of caffeine can upset blood sugar having a detrimental effect on your concentration level. Also, caffeine is a diuretic, and you don't want to be running to the washroom during your exam.
Dehydration is known to cause lethargy and makes you feel tired. Study, Rest And Play: After studying, get adequate rest. 7 hours of night sleep is a must as it is known to improve memory and helps you retain what you studied. Relax for 15-20 minutes before you get ready for sleep. Dance away the stress with your favourite song.
Success and ability is not dictated by marks alone. Give it your honest best and live happily. This is the most important contribution you can make to your family and the world in general.