Last year's winner, El Celler de Can Roca in Spain, slid down to the second spot this year, and New York City's Eleven Madison Park, which had transformed itself into a lavish and celebrated tasting menu restaurant, jumped up to win the third spot.
The four time winner of World's 50 Best Restaurants - Denmark's Noma - fell to the fifth spot in 2016, which also happens to be the restaurant's last year of service as it will be relocating to a new site with a new concept. One can trust Chef Rene Redzepi to come up with delicious and spectacular creations to woo the food world once again!
In a major upset, the original wizard of inventive cuisine, Chef Heston Blumenthal, couldn't keep his restaurant in the top 10 this year, plummeting from No 7 to No 45. It is a disappointment for his patrons, but we hope he pulls put more magic from his cauldron soon. Renowned Chef Thomas Keller too failed to keep both his restaurants - Per Se and French Laundry in the top 50 list.
Image credit: www.youtube.com
Here's a quick round-up of the Top 10 from 2016's World's 50 Best Restaurants list -
1. Osteria Francescana, Modena, Italy
2. El Celler de Can Roca, Girona, Spain
3. Eleven Madison Park, New York City
4. Central, Lima, Peru
5. Noma, Copenhagen
6. Mirazur, Menton, France
7. Mugaritz, Errenteria, Spain
8. Narisawa, Tokyo, Japan
9. Steirereck, Vienna, Austria
10. Asador Etxebarri, Axpe, SpainTime to book your tickets, we reckon? Do make your reservations ahead of time though, they get booked out months in advance!