Mushroom is used to make so many varied dishes across the globe but in Indian cuisine, we can think of only a couple of dishes we see mushrooms in. Talking about desi mushroom dishes, matar mushroom is the most common one we make in our kitchen. It's a simple curry dish made with mushroom and peas, flavoured with some regular spices. But, if you want to make it differently with restaurant-like taste, try this matar mushroom recipe by the famous Dhaba restaurant.
Watch the recipe video of restaurant-style matar mushroom -
(Also Read: 11 Best Indian Mushroom Recipes You Must Try)
Just because this mushroom recipe comes from a restaurant, doesn't mean it would be complicated. It's just as easy as other Indian recipes you have been making at home. This matar mushroom is made by first boiling mushrooms in water and using the same water to make gravy for the dish. Instead of chopped onions and tomatoes, onion-tomato paste is used to make thick gravy to which, cream is added to make it more luscious.
If your family loves to eat out, serve them this restaurant-class matar mushroom and they'll thank you for a fancy meal at home. Here's the step-by-step procedure for making restaurant-style matar mushroom at home.
Matar Mushroom Recipe -
PREP TIME: 10 mins COOK TIME:15 mins
2 cups of button mushroom chopped
2 tbsp ginger garlic mince
1 cup boiled green peas
1 cup onion tomato masala
1 tsp green chilli mince
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp cumin powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder
Salt to taste
1. Boil the mushrooms in salt and turmeric water for 5 mins.
2. Squeeze half a lemon into it.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add the ginger garlic mince, green chilli mince.
4. Add the mushroom and peas saute for 3-4 mins.
5. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt.
6. Add the water in which mushroom was boiled.
7. Add the onion tomato masala.
8. Let it cook for some time.
9. Add fresh coriander and cream.