Indians and their love for butter chicken need no introduction. Grilled chicken chunks, dunked in thick and creamy gravy - butter chicken spells indulgence. It is, in fact, one of the most sought-after Indian foods across the globe. A 2019 study by SEMrush found that butter chicken was the second most searched Indian food globally - the first one remains chicken biryani. Although the recipe hails from North Indian kitchens, today butter chicken has taken a universal appeal, so much so that we sneak it in almost every dish possible - from butter pie to butter chicken noodles. For all the butter chicken lovers, here we introduce another butter chicken fusion dish that will sate all your cravings.
Bringing the best of both worlds, butter chicken burger is creamy gravy and shredded chicken sandwiched between two burger buns. Sounds interesting, right? We generally make this burger with the leftover butter chicken from the last meal. But, if you want, you can always make it from the scratch too.
Here we bring you a quick and easy recipe that will help you make a butter chicken burger from square one. And vegetarians can always replace the chicken chunks with paneer cubes to make a yummy paneer makhani burger. Besides, you can also replace chicken with eggs and make yourself a quick egg makhani burger. The best part is, the cooking method remains the same. So without further ado, let's jump into the recipe.
Here's How We Made Butter Chicken Burger | Butter Chicken Burger Recipe:
- Take the chicken chunks in a bowl and marinate with salt, cumin powder, mustard oil, vinegar, ginger-garlic paste, kasoori methi, and curd.
- Grill till the chicken chunks turn golden brown in colour. Shred the chicken chunks after it cools down.
- Boil water in a saucepan and add tomatoes, onion, garlic, green chilli and a dollop of butter; boil until the tomatoes turn soft.
- Let it cool down and grind.
- Add butter to a pan and add the tomato puree in it. Add red chilli powder to it and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, garam masala, sugar, kasoori methi and mix.
- Add cream and grilled chicken to it and cook for a while.
- Now, cut the burger bun into two halves and toast them.
- Spread the butter chicken gravy, add some chicken chunks, top with onion rings, lettuce and close the other bun.
Your butter chicken burger is ready to be served!
Watch the complete recipe video in the header section.
And if you are looking for some more butter chicken-based recipes, click here.
About Somdatta SahaExplorer- this is what Somdatta likes to call herself. Be it in terms of food, people or places, all she craves for is to know the unknown. A simple aglio olio pasta or daal-chawal and a good movie can make her day.