There is something about burgers that make us very picky, while some cannot stand the sight of tomatoes in their burger, some have a problem with pickles and amount of greens. In 2017, a livid burger enthusiast even went on to ask Google CEO Sunder Picchai to 'fix' the burger emoji. The tweet called out the sequence of patty and lettuce inside the burger, Picchai also assured him that he would look into the matter ASAP.
To surmise, we are obsessed with burger, therefore, while making it at home we don't want a botched-up job either. This is why we have got you The House Of Nomad's Buttermilk Fried Chicken Burger recipe. This wholesome and loaded burger from Taj has found scores of fans across the country and now you can make it at home with the exclusive recipe.
Recipe: Buttermilk Fried Chicken Burger:
To make this intensely indulgent chicken patty, you would require marinating chicken in black pepper, salt, paprika, rosemary, thyme, oregano, white pepper, cayenne pepper and then dipping it in buttermilk. This thick layer of marination induces flavour deep inside the chicken chunks. Buttermilk, adds a rich quality to the chicken. Once the chicken is nicely marinated, dip it in a corn flour mixture and fry it until golden crisp. Sneak it between burger buns with onion relish, lettuce, tandoori mayonnaise and serve with potato wedges on the side.
- 100 gm boneless chicken
- 1 cup butter milk
- 1 tbsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup flour mixture
- 2 burger buns
- 2-3 lettuce leaves
- ½ cup onion relish
- 2 tbsp tandoori mayonnaise
- Oil for deep frying
1. Toss together chicken pieces in black pepper, salt, paprika, rosemary, thyme, oregano, white pepper, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl to coat.
2. Dip the chicken in buttermilk and marinate for 4-5 hours.
3. Coat the chicken pieces well with flour mixture.
4. Deep fry till they turn crispy and golden.
5. Serve in between burger buns with onion relish, lettuce, tandoori mayonnaise and potato wedges on the side.
About Sushmita SenguptaSharing a strong penchant for food, Sushmita loves all things good, cheesy and greasy. Her other favourite pastime activities other than discussing food includes, reading, watching movies and binge-watching TV shows.