Body heat is one of the most common conditions faced by people across the world. Before we start, it is essential to define body heat in order to be aware of this particular health condition. It is more commonly referred to as “heat stress”. A common cause of body heat is exposure to high temperatures that are not suitable for the body. The normal temperature of the body lies between the ranges of 36.5–37.5 degrees Celsius. Inability of the body to cool down and bounce back into the normal range refers to body heat. For those who are wondering how to reduce body heat, it is crucial to identify the symptoms that indicate this uneasy state of the body. These include sleeplessness, a sort of burning sensation in the eyes, uneasiness in the stomach, ulcers, digestion problems like acidity and gas. In some people, it can impact the heart rate, leading to rapid heart beat among many other symptoms.There are innumerable causes of body heat. Residing in places with extreme temperatures, exposure to heat wave is not uncommon. When individuals do not take the required precautions to avoid suffering from dehydration, it can lead to a fatal condition known as a heat stroke. In this condition, people are unable to control their body temperature and fever rises uncontrollably. This could be life threatening if not diagnosed at an early stage.
Eating very hot and spicy food is a contributing factor that gives rise to heat. So people who insist on consuming oily and fried food must be careful. In the field of Ayurveda, they often distinguish between foods that are hot in nature and those that have a cooling effect. Thus nuts must be avoided. Diets that are rich in proteins, especially for people who are fitness enthusiasts, must be controlled. Protein rich foods are a storehouse of heat causing agents. Meat, eggs and cinnamon powder are all prime sources that can cause potential damage, leading to rise in body heat.
According to Dr. Anju Sood, expert nutritionist, she suggests certain precautions and measures that must be undertaken to remain hydrated and within the bounds of normal body temperature. These are as follows:
1. Extraordinarily high consumption of room temperature or cold waterWater has the potential to cool down the body. One can consume or dip one’s feet in a bucket of cold water to keep body temperature under control.
How to Reduce Body Heat: Water is very effective beating the heat.
2. Tender coconut waterHaving coconut water can be beneficial in two ways. Firstly it is a form of fluid and thus is a water-based drink. Secondly, it is very rich in minerals and vitamins which are crucial in cooling down the body.
How to Reduce Body Heat: coconut water is a hydrating drink.
3. Peppermint and mintAs we are aware, mint or pudina leaves have a perennial cooling effect. It is a spice that can be added to any drink, such as a lemonade and produce the desired effect.
How to Reduce Body Heat: Peppering and mint teas are cooling in nature.
4. Fruits and vegetables Almost all propagators of health food are insistent on consuming fruits and vegetables like bitter gourd, cucumber, tori, watermelon, etc. All these are extremely rich in water and have a nourishing effect. But watermelon must be consumed in the first half of the day as it is very rich in fiber. Consuming it in the latter half of the day might not be good for the stomach.
How to Reduce Body Heat: Eating seasonal fruits and veggies is good for the stomach.
5. Drinking milk along with honey Add a tablespoon of honey in cold milk and it works wonders.
How to Reduce Body Heat: Honey with cold milk works wonders for the body.
6. SandalwoodIt is available in a number of forms such as soaps or powders. Applying this or rubbing it regularly on the body has a cooling effect. Ayurvedic beliefs use this as a constant source of cooling down the body.
How to Reduce Body Heat: Applying sandalwood on face and eyes has a cooling effect.
7. Pomegranate JuiceIt can be mixed with almond oil and had on a daily basis. It is an excellent remedy to control body temperature and can be consumed by all age groups.
How to Reduce Body Heat: Pomegranate juice is an excellent remedy to control body temperature
8. Vitamin C rich foodsit is a good cure for internal and external heat. Oranges, lemons, grapefruits, etc should be consumed daily during the hot months.
How to Reduce Body Heat: Citrus fruits are good for summers
According to the experts, drinking high levels of caffeinated products must be avoided, along with alcoholic drinks. All these products are harmful and are capable of rising body heat. Being aware of the consequences of the food we eat should not be taken lightly. Sometimes, unknowingly we consume foods that are detrimental to our health and well-being.Disclaimer:The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. NDTV is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of NDTV and NDTV does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.