Coconut water has always been known for its health benefitting properties. Not only does it combat summer heat, but also serves as a powerful sports drink for an instant boost of energy. Coconut water is low in calories and contains natural enzymes and minerals such as potassium, and antioxidants. But, did you know it also serves as an ideal post-workout drink? In her series of Tuesday tips with Bhagyashree, the actress explained why coconut water is better than sugary drinks after a good workout session in the gym.
The actress stated, “Coconut water is more hydrating and a superior alternative to sports drinks post workouts. Not all things fancy and expensive are better".
Consuming this simple drink and cutting down on calories (consumed by various other energy drinks) might increase the electrolyte content of the body. High in potassium, magnesium and phosphorus, coconut water gives your body the much-needed nutrients after a workout, along with aiding faster recovery.
Also Read: What Is The Best Time to Drink Coconut Water?
8 Health Benefits Of Coconut Water, Shares Bhagyashree:
- It is a post-work-out re-energizer.
- Coconut water is said to improve heart health
- People struggling with maintaining healthy blood pressure can include coconut water in their diet.
- It also manages cholesterol levels
- Along with potassium and various other electrolytes, coconut water is also dense in antioxidants.
- This natural drink also prevents kidney stones
- And, lowers blood sugar levels.
- Coconut water also contains cytokines (a number of substances, such as interferon, interleukin, and growth factors, which are secreted by cells of the immune system and have an effect on other cells of the body).
Also Read: 5 Amazing Benefits Of Coconut Water For Your Skin And Hair
Take a look at the complete post:
“So forget about the fancy colourful drinks you get in the market and stick to coconut water,” the actress concluded.
Now that you know the benefits of coconut water, we suggest, include it in your diet and enjoy the benefits to the fullest.