Let's agree, there's something about winter that makes us feel hungry throughout the day. In fact, we love stashing various sweet and savoury foods during this time of the year, for whenever we need them. From til papdi to peanuts and more - winter brings along a range of snacks to munch on. Then there are recipes that we create with the seasonal produce. Winter brings along a bunch of fresh fruits and vegetables, which we use to prepare yummy seasonal delicacies. Be it gajar ka halwa or mooli paratha, we love indulging in all.
Another such winter produce that makes for a super versatile ingredient is palak (or spinach). This crunchy leafy green is loaded with healthy nutrients that boost overall health. And it is multi-purpose too. From smoothie to kebab - palak can be used to prepare anything and everything. In fact, you can go as creative as you want with a bunch of spinach. Here, we bring one such unique snack recipe that you can prepare with spinach, to pair with evening tea. It's called crispy palak vadi. This recipe has been shared by food vlogger Parul on her YouTube channel 'Cook With Parul'. Let's take a look.
Winter Special Recipe: How To Make Crispy Palak Vadi:
- Start with grinding green chillies, garlic, ginger and cumin seeds together. Add coriander seeds to it and grind again. Keep aside.
- Clean, soak and chop spinach and add the masala to it. Add sesame seeds, red chilli powder, haldi, ajwain, hing and oil to it and mix well.
- Grease and steamer and add the palak dough and boil for some time.
- Then place the greased plate on kadhai and cook on low flame. Close the lid. After cooking, cool down the palak logs.
- Cut the logs into bite sized vadis and shallow fry until they turn golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot with a cup of chai and relish!
Watch the recipe video here:
Featured Video Of The Day
About Somdatta SahaExplorer- this is what Somdatta likes to call herself. Be it in terms of food, people or places, all she craves for is to know the unknown. A simple aglio olio pasta or daal-chawal and a good movie can make her day.