About Amla Murabba Recipe | Murabba Recipe: Amla is a fruit with innumerable benefits. Amla also known as Indian gooseberries not only enhances immunity but also helps in maintaining cholesterol levels. It is most commonly eaten in the form of 'Murabbas' which are sweet and spicy balls of Amla. Here's an easy and quick recipe os Indian gooseberries, boiled and cooked in sugar syrup flavoured with cardamom. It gives a sweet alternative to pickles.
Ingredients of Amla Murabba
- 1 Kg amla
- 2 tsp chemical lime
- 1 1/2 kg sugar
- 6 cups water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
How to Make Amla Murabba
- 1.Prick amla with a fork. Dissolve 1 tsp lime in water and soak amla overnight.
- 2.Remove and wash well. Repeat once more.
- 3.Drain and wash thoroughly.
- 4.Squeeze and rinse to eliminate lime remains.
- 5.Boil water then add amla.
- 6.Cook till tender and transparent.
- 7.Drain and keep aside.
- 8.Make syrup with sugar, lemon juice and 6 cups of water.
- 9.Maintain one thread consistency, skimming off any scum that keeps forming.
- 10.Add amla, bring to a boil and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- 11.Let it cool, then store in a clean airtight jar.
- 12.You can add elaichi or any other flavoring of your choice.
Key Ingredients: amla, chemical lime, sugar, water, lemon juice