How to make Amla Murabba
Indian gooseberries cooked in sugar syrup flavoured with cardamom. A sweet alternative to pickles.
Ingredients of Amla Murabba
- 1 kg amla
- 2 tsp chemical lime
- 1 1/2 kg sugar
- 6 cups water
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
How to Make Amla Murabba
- 1.Prick amla with a fork. Dissolve 1 tsp lime in water and soak amla overnight.
- 2.Remove and wash well. Repeat once more.
- 3.Drain and wash thoroughly.
- 4.Squeeze and rinse to eliminate lime remains.
- 5.Boil water then add amla.
- 6.Cook till tender and transparent.
- 7.Drain and keep aside.
- 8.Make syrup with sugar, lemon juice and 6 cups of water.
- 9.Maintain one thread consistency, skimming off any scum that keeps forming.
- 10.Add amla, bring to a boil and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- 11.Let it cool, then store in a clean airtight jar.
- 12.You can add elaichi or any other flavoring of your choice.
Key Ingredients: 1 kg amla, 1 1/2 kg sugar, 1 Tbsp lemon juice