How to make Bajre ki Roti/Bhakri
Made out of Bajra, these rotis are served with a huge helping of ghee.
Ingredients of Bajre ki Roti/Bhakri
- Bajre ka Atta (finely ground)
- Warm water
- To serve Ghee
How to Make Bajre ki Roti/Bhakri
- 1.Take the bajre ka atta and knead with warm water--sprinkle little by little and knead for a long time, till soft and pliable. It takes some practice and patience. Knead small amounts at a time.
- 2.To shape the roti, you have to use your palms as it keeps breaking. Do not use a rolling pin. You have to make a small ball and keep pressing with your open palm, to make thinner. If you do it in a hurry, it might break. Do it slowly.
- 3.Once it has reached the size you want, cook over a hot tawa on both sides, till cooked through. Serve smeared with ghee.
- 4.Bajra is always served with extra helpings of ghee, as it is said to be very dry. The ideal daal with this is dhuli urad ki daal.
Key Ingredients: Bajre ka Atta (finely ground), Warm water, Ghee