How to make Baked Arbi with Feta Cheese
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Baked Arbi with Feta Cheese Recipe: Here is how to turn this not so loved vegetable, arbi, into a scrumptious dish. Arbi or colocasia baked with herbs, honey and feta cheese.
Ingredients of Baked Arbi with Feta Cheese
- 100 gms arbi/colacasia (cooked)
- 4 wedges small roasted pumpkin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1/2 tsp red chillies flakes
- Few rosemary leaves
- Few oregano leaves
- 1/2 Green apple
- 1/2 Lemon (juiced)
- Black pepper (to season)
- 3-4 pieces feta cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp honey
How to Make Baked Arbi with Feta Cheese
- Prepare the roasted pumpkin:
- 1.Slice the pumpkin into big wedges and season with salt, pepper, olive oil and thyme leaves and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 180 C.
- 2.Peel the skin of the pumpkin.
- Prepare the baked arbi:
- 1.Boil the arbi in salted water until just cooked.
- 2.Drain, cool, peel and slice the arbi.
- 3.Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan and add chopped garlic and chilli flakes with rosemary and oregano to make the infused oil.
- 4.Grate some green apple into thin strips and add some lime juice, pepper, feta cheese, honey and the infused garlic oil.
- 5.Line the bottom of a baking dish with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- 6.In a baking dish, arrange the arbi, pumpkin and apple alternatively.
- 7.Drizzle with another tablespoon of olive oil on top.
- 8.Sprinkle some thyme leaves.
- 9.Grate the cheddar cheese on top and bake the dish for 20 minutes at 180 C.
Key Ingredients: arbi/colacasia (cooked), roasted pumpkin, olive oil, garlic clove, red chillies flakes, Few rosemary leaves , Few oregano leaves , Green apple, Lemon (juiced), Black pepper (to season), feta cheese, cheddar cheese, honey