How to make Chicken in Barbecue Sauce
Here's the recipe of one of the most loved chicken dishes, Chicken in BBQ Sauce. Roasted chicken drumsticks mingled with a tangy soy-red wine vinegar sauce.
Ingredients of Chicken in Barbecue Sauce
- For the chicken:
- 4 chicken thighs or drumsticks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 medium onion (peeled), finely chopped
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- For the barbecue sauce:
- 75 ml red wine
- 2 tbsp japanese soya sauce
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp tomato puree (heaped)
- 1 tbsp ground ginger powder (heaped)
- 1 tbsp mustard powder (heaped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed), peeled
- 1 1/2 tbsp tabasco sauce
How to Make Chicken in Barbecue Sauce
- 1.In a small bowl, mix the olive oil with lemon juice. Place the chicken joints in a roasting tin with the onion and the salt and black pepper.
- 2.Brush the chicken pieces with the oil and lemon juice dressing. Cover the top of the roasting tin with cling film and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 3.Then, when you are ready to cook the chicken, preheat the oven to gas mark 6/400 degree F (200 c). Remove the cling film and place the roasting tin on a high shelf and cook for 25 minutes.
- 4.Meanwhile combine the entire sauce ingredients in a jug and whisk everything together thoroughly. When the chicken is done remove the roasting tin from the oven and pour the sauce all over giving the joints a good coating.
- 5.Return the chicken to the oven and cook for about another 25 minutes. Serve the chicken with some of the sauce spooned over. This can be eaten with plain basmati rice.
Key Ingredients: chicken thighs or drumsticks, olive oil, lemon juice, onion (peeled), Salt and freshly milled black pepper, red wine, japanese soya sauce, red wine vinegar, tomato puree (heaped), ground ginger powder (heaped), mustard powder (heaped), garlic cloves (crushed), tabasco sauce