How to make Chicken Pie
Creamy chicken filling stuffed in dough and baked in a pie dish.
Ingredients of Chicken Pie
- Oven temp: 325 F/160 C
- 1/2 Kg Chicken (boneless, cooked and diced)
- 2 Cups Refined flour
- 3/4 Cup Butter
- 1 tsp Vinegar (in an egg or 1/4 cup cold milk)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tbsp Egg (slightly beaten) or milk (to glaze the pie)
- 2 Cups Milk
- 2 Tbsp Refined flour
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pissi kali mirch
How to Make Chicken Pie
- 1.Mix the butter, refined flour, vinegar, egg, salt and baking powder and knead lightly into soft dough and keep aside.
- 2.Melt butter, add refined flour, saute a little and add the milk very gradually, stirring vigorously all the time.
- 3.Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 1-2 minutes, add the salt, pepper and chicken.
- 4.Roll out a little more than half the dough about 1/4 cm (1/8") thick and cover the base and the sides of the pie dish.
- 5.Dust base with flour and fill it with the chicken mixture.
- 6.Roll out the other portion of the dough, wet the edges, and cover the pie, pressing the edges together, to seal.
- 7.Prick with a fork, glaze the surface with the beaten egg, or milk and bake in a pre-heated oven for about 45-60 minutes or until golden.
Key Ingredients: Oven temp: 325 F/160 C, Chicken (boneless, cooked and diced), Refined flour, Butter, Vinegar (in an egg or 1/4 cup cold milk), Salt, Baking powder, Egg (slightly beaten) or milk (to glaze the pie), Milk, Refined flour, Butter, Salt, Pissi kali mirch