Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
Dal cooked with the added tadka of green chillies, ginger, fried onions and turmeric.
Ingredients of Dal Fry
- 1 Cup Dhuli urad ki dal (husked black gram)
- 2 Tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/8 tsp Asafoetida
- 1 Tbsp Ginger, shredded
- 1 tsp Green chillies, shredded
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- To taste Salt
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- for garnish Onions , fried
How to Make Dal Fry
- 1.Wash the dal till the water runs clear and then soak in 2 cups of hot water for 2 hours.
- 2.Heat the ghee, and add cumin and asafoetida.
- 3.Add ginger and green chillies, saute a little and add the dal.
- 4.Turn around to mix well, and add the turmeric, salt and chilli powder.
- 5.Add 2 cups hot water, bring to a boil and lower the heat, cook covered for about 10 minutes.
- 6.Serve hot garnished with the fried onions.
Dhuli urad ki dal (husked black gram), Ghee, Cumin seeds, Asafoetida
, Green chillies, Turmeric
, Chilli powder, Onions