How to make Dhuli Urad Dal
A light and easy lunch option, this Urad dal is cooked in onions, cumin seeds, garlic and ginger and makes for a delicious meal when served with chapati or steamed rice.
Ingredients of Dhuli Urad Dal
- 200 Gram Urad dal
- 1 Tbsp Desi ghee
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 3 Red chillies
- 10 flakes Garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger, chopped
- 1/2 Onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Coriander leaves, chopped
How to Make Dhuli Urad Dal
- 1.Soak urad dal in water for fifteen minutes and drain.
- 2.Heat desi ghee in a pan. Add the dal and fry it.
- 3.Then add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and mix it well with half a cup of water. Now add milk and simmer for ten minutes.
- 4.Put ghee in a pan, add cumin seeds, red chillies, garlic, ginger, onion, chilli powder and salt. When it is done, add it to the dal and cook for some time.
- 5.Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Urad dal, Desi ghee, Turmeric powder, Red chilli powder, Milk
, Cumin seeds, Red chillies, Garlic
, Coriander leaves, Salt