Fenugreek and Lal Maat Crostini Recipe
Crusty bread sprinkled with olive oil, topped off with cottage cheese/tofu, fenugreek and laal maat leaves.
- Total Cook Time 25 mins
- Cook Time 25 mins
- Recipe Servings12
Ingredients of Fenugreek and Lal Maat Crostini
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 50 gms onions diced fine
- 1 tsp garlic chopped/minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/3 tsp red chilli flakes
- 60 gms blanched methi leaves
- 80 gms blanched laal maat leaves
- 20 gms diced cottage cheese/ firm tofu
- 1/3 cup diced peeled tomatoes (blanched)
- 3-4 slices multigrain bread/crusty bread
- 1 clove garlic peeled (chopped)
How to Make Fenugreek and Lal Maat CrostiniHideShow Media
Heat up some olive oil, throw in the cumin seeds, once they crackle add the diced onions and garlic.
Saute for a minute.
Add the red chilli flakes, diced peeled tomatoes and cook for another minute.
Toss in the blanched fenugreek and laal maat leaves.
Season to taste.
Slice the crusty bread into thick slices.
Brush with olive oil and grill or toast lightly.
Rub the slice with the garlic clove.
Spoon the mixture on to the bread.
Alternatively, you can add the tofu or cottage cheese into the mixture.